Your hands full now, your heart full later...

Your hands full now, your heart full later...
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." Phyllis Diller

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Conversations of the Brothers...

So, I picked up the boys from school this afternoon, and this is the conversation that began as soon as they sat down:
Avery: Mama, Amber gave me her address so I can come to her house.
Me: Really? Why?
Avery: I think it's to wrestle.
Me: WRESTLE?
Avery: Yeah, pretty much.
Me: Is that the girl that chases you and Garrett around the playground?
Avery: Yeah.
Bryson: I had a girl chasing me around the playground, too!
Riley: Who?
Bryson: Jada.
Riley:Is that the black girl?!
Bryson: No, that was Bailey R. She moved.
Riley: Good! I'm glad! That girl freaked me out!
Me: WHY?!
Riley: She was always staring at Bryson and saying 'Hi Bry-sen!' (waving like Flower the skunk)
Bryson: I'm glad she moved, too. She was always touching my face, and I hated it!

I could barely contain my laughter! We pulled into the parking lot of the library and I told the boys to wait a minute before they got out. I had to write down their conversation before I forgot it! Riley looked over my shoulder to see what I was doing. "Mama is writing down everything we say...now she's freaking me out!"

1 comment:

Amy and Barry said...

Ba ha ha!!!! I laughed out loud when I got to the end of this. Too cute!

background