Today was a "school day" for Bryson and I. We took the boys to school, went by the General Store to wait in line for gas. We came home cleaned house (and danced around the kitchen!) until 11:30am. Then we went to the school to eat lunch with Riley. As soon as Riley's class lined up to leave, Avery's class came in. So we sat through two lunches, the first we ate lunch, the second, ice cream! When Avery's class was finished, it was almost 1pm. I volunteer at 2pm, so instead of driving back home and wasting precious gas, we decided to kill some time. Our local public library is right up the road from the school. It's closed on Mondays, but it has a nice little garden that the boys love to play in when we go. Since it was hot today, this provide us with some nice cool shade and lots of acorns for Bryson to play with! Before we left, he smelled a flower and ended up with pollen on his nose! We also stopped at a little produce stand across the road from the school and bought some squash, red potatoes, mini pumpkins, Gala apples (for 75 cent a lb.!!!) and oranges. They had a little bit of everything and Bryson can't wait to go back! Then, it was back to school to volunteer until 2:40pm. I should get some kind of award for this...but I'd settle for a nap!
Monday, September 29, 2008
School Daze
Today was a "school day" for Bryson and I. We took the boys to school, went by the General Store to wait in line for gas. We came home cleaned house (and danced around the kitchen!) until 11:30am. Then we went to the school to eat lunch with Riley. As soon as Riley's class lined up to leave, Avery's class came in. So we sat through two lunches, the first we ate lunch, the second, ice cream! When Avery's class was finished, it was almost 1pm. I volunteer at 2pm, so instead of driving back home and wasting precious gas, we decided to kill some time. Our local public library is right up the road from the school. It's closed on Mondays, but it has a nice little garden that the boys love to play in when we go. Since it was hot today, this provide us with some nice cool shade and lots of acorns for Bryson to play with! Before we left, he smelled a flower and ended up with pollen on his nose! We also stopped at a little produce stand across the road from the school and bought some squash, red potatoes, mini pumpkins, Gala apples (for 75 cent a lb.!!!) and oranges. They had a little bit of everything and Bryson can't wait to go back! Then, it was back to school to volunteer until 2:40pm. I should get some kind of award for this...but I'd settle for a nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment