Your hands full now, your heart full later...

Your hands full now, your heart full later...
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." Phyllis Diller

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vampires and Me...not too different

Well, as most everyone in my life knows, I am completely obsessed by the Twilight books. I can't get enough of them! 2am, I'm still up reading! I finished the third book this morning! My sweet husband brought the fourth and final book, Breaking Dawn, home to me tonight. He must love me a LOT to hand me back over to the vampires for a few more days! Anyway, I'll get to the point of this post. In the story, it talks a lot about the insatiable desire for human blood and their promise to suppress that and not harm people. I liken this to a woman with PMS and her need for food. ANY food. I can preach all I want about jumping "back on the workout wagon", but this week, if you throw a Little Debbie in front of me, look out! I can barely move after the exercise I did yesterday. However, today, I have devoured every last chocolate chip, Little Debbie cake, Cheez-it or bacon cheeseburger I could get my hands on. So, I sympathize with the vampires. Give in, I say. I just sucked every last drop of creme filling out of that Swiss Cake Roll, and I feel much better!

No comments:

background