Your hands full now, your heart full later...

Your hands full now, your heart full later...
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." Phyllis Diller

Saturday, February 21, 2009

WHAT?!!?


When I was pregnant with Bryson, I watched A Baby Story on TLC everyday, until the day that 3 1/2 year old Riley saw it and was shocked that "Mommies poop out the baby?!" Since he was so young and I had no earthly idea what to say at that moment, I went with that idea. Fast forward 5 years to last Wednesday. Out of the blue, Riley's curiosity returns. Here is how the conversation went:
Riley: "Mama, you know how a mommy has to poop out the baby? I bet that hole has to stretch A LOT!"
Me: (shocked and at a total loss for words) "Well, son, mommies don't really poop out the baby. There is another hole for that."
Ry: "WHAT?!!? Can you see it?!
Me: "Yes, but it has to stretch, too. Heavenly Father made a mommy's body that when it goes into labor, little by little, that hole gets bigger until the baby can come out of it."
Ry: "Man, mama, I bet that hurts worse than gettin' shot by a paintball gun!"
Me: "Son, it hurts worse than pulling a paintball gun out of your nose. Sideways."

No comments:

background