Most everyone that knows me knows how much I worry about the academic futures of my children. Reading has never come easy for Riley, and even after several (Fabulous!) tutors, he still struggles. Tuesday, we decided to go to Mooresville to let the boys "browse" for Christmas gifts. We were waiting for Jeremy to get home and I was cleaning the kitchen. I turned around to see "Heaven on Earth". Riley was reading! On his own, I didn't have to order him to do it, beg or plead. He wanted to! He has now read an entire series of these books and is reading just to be reading!!! Who knows how long it will last, but for now, I am one happy mommy!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
My Heaven on Earth...
Most everyone that knows me knows how much I worry about the academic futures of my children. Reading has never come easy for Riley, and even after several (Fabulous!) tutors, he still struggles. Tuesday, we decided to go to Mooresville to let the boys "browse" for Christmas gifts. We were waiting for Jeremy to get home and I was cleaning the kitchen. I turned around to see "Heaven on Earth". Riley was reading! On his own, I didn't have to order him to do it, beg or plead. He wanted to! He has now read an entire series of these books and is reading just to be reading!!! Who knows how long it will last, but for now, I am one happy mommy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment