Your hands full now, your heart full later...

Your hands full now, your heart full later...
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." Phyllis Diller

Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me :{


Whoop-ti-flipin'-do. I'm now 33. Fabulous. One year closer to menopause and mammograms. So much to look forward to. Sigh...
I really did have a nice day. I took the boys to a friend's house to a swim party. Bryson jumped off the diving board!! (Of course, I forgot my camera!) They loved it. After, we went to my parents' to swim and have a cookout and a YUMMY ice cream cake that Donna made. I guess they are tired of me talking to them using the cordless phone that dies after 3 minutes, or maybe it's the fact that they don't want to use the cordless phone that I laid on the stove top and slightly melted, but they gave me some really nice phones for my b-day! They know I'm too cheap to buy them for myself! The boys gave me some really nice smelling candles that I've needed to put in the empty-for-a-year candle holders in the living room (again, I'm too cheap to buy them for myself). Jeremy gave me a trip to the beach before school starts back!!!!!! Yippee! Guess I better get back on the ol' elliptical tomorrow. I am so thankful for the wonderful family that I have. And even though Angie reminded me how I'm creeping (quickly) towards 40, I'm really happy to have made it through yet another year!

No comments:

background