Your hands full now, your heart full later...

Your hands full now, your heart full later...
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." Phyllis Diller

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Slow News Week...



Not much went on around here this week. Donna had a yard sale on Saturday, so I took some of the boys old baby clothes and toys. Five minutes after I got there, I twisted my ankle on her front walk and spent the rest of the day hopping around! Today my foot is black and blue, but at least I can walk. It was hot and busy, but I made $85 and cleaned out the attic! Hopefully my cousin Regan will get some use out of the rest of the boys' clothes. I kinda hated to see them go. Every outfit has a memory. $3 bought Riley's first Easter outfit. (Well, one of them...He had three or four changes of clothes for his pictures that year!) Watching toys go for $.50 that I can still see the boys as babies, holding and playing with, really stings. (Especially when that toy cost about $20 new!) The things that meant the most I saved for Donna, just in case the curse is broken and someone in our family besides me gets to have a baby boy! I hope she'll have enough. There are only FIVE totes left!!! Yikes! You could clothe a small country with the clothing my children rarely wore!


No comments:

background