Riley has his first oral report in school today. He had to dress up as the legendary explorer, Francisco de Coronado, then get up in front of class and give a report on him. You remember him, right? I think he was more important than Columbus, Lewis & Clark, Magellan...the list could go on. I mean, who doesn't consider the idiot who went searching for the 7 lost Cities of Gold super important? Try finding a lot of info on the guy. He was born, he died, and in between he was the first European to see the Grand Canyon. And here's a shocker-he NEVER found the cities of gold! Try putting that into a full page report for an 8 year old!! I think I "explored" the Internet longer just looking for info on him! Anyway, here's to hoping that the $30 I spent on his costume earns some SERIOUS extra credit.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Francisco de Coronado: Dork-o the Explorer
Riley has his first oral report in school today. He had to dress up as the legendary explorer, Francisco de Coronado, then get up in front of class and give a report on him. You remember him, right? I think he was more important than Columbus, Lewis & Clark, Magellan...the list could go on. I mean, who doesn't consider the idiot who went searching for the 7 lost Cities of Gold super important? Try finding a lot of info on the guy. He was born, he died, and in between he was the first European to see the Grand Canyon. And here's a shocker-he NEVER found the cities of gold! Try putting that into a full page report for an 8 year old!! I think I "explored" the Internet longer just looking for info on him! Anyway, here's to hoping that the $30 I spent on his costume earns some SERIOUS extra credit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
background
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(78)
-
▼
October
(17)
- Francisco de Coronado: Dork-o the Explorer
- Pumpkin Guts Are Everywhere!
- Milk Jug Monsters
- **The rule for this little game is your response t...
- I have another "Quirk" (who knew?)
- Life's a Beach...and then you die. (Or at least I ...
- Just Beachy!
- CRAZY Hair Day!
- I've been tagged!
- One last Hoorah!
- Riley Can Ride!!!!!!
- Blue & Gold
- Fireside
- Company Picnic
- Riley's Random Ramblings...
- Fall Festival
- Memory Lane...
-
▼
October
(17)





1 comment:
He looks so cute! So you didn't have to make something after all!!
Post a Comment