6 Quirks About Me!
1. I'm extremely controling when it comes to the care of my kiddos. When Jeremy and I went to Savannah last year, I left notes everywhere telling Mom and Dad what to do and when. Each boys' lunch had clothes pins with their name on it, notes were taped to just about every cabinet door in the kitchen!
2. I am addicted to hand sanitizer. If we go in a store or come out of church, hands get a squirt as soon as we get in the car. The boys know to get a squirt as soon as they get in when I pick them up from school. They each have a small bottle in their lunch boxes. There is a bottle in my van, Jeremy's car and truck, in my purse and a huge one I keep under the kitchen sink for when we have a have a fire in the pit outside!
3. I am VERY anal about bedtime for my kids. 8 pm or I freak out! It's like the world will cease to turn if they aren't in bed asleep (or at least quiet) by 8:30!
4. I have OCD when it comes to me going to bed. Every night, after the boys are asleep, I go in their room and kiss them. Normal, right? But, after that, EVERY time I walk past their door, I have to check on them again...to make sure everyone is breathing! If I try to walk past, I always end up stopping and going back, because what if this is the time I should've checked and didn't?! Crazy, yes. But it keeps going. I check the doors (all 6 of them) to make sure they are locked a million times! I know I've checked it, but I still go back, "just to make sure". I think I need therapy!
5. I won't take off my wedding rings. EVER. Jeremy proposed in Nov. 1997. My engagement ring didn't come off until our wedding day (May 30, 1998), when he put on my wedding ring. My wedding ring didn't come off until they forced me when I had surgery last year, right before our 10 year anniversery! Seriously, almost 10 years before I took it off! And I put it back on as soon as I got home. I'm obsessed about not taking it off! (Probably because it took Jeremy sooo long to put it there!)
6. I'm a planner. A list maker. If we decide in January to go on vacation in June, as soon as the house is booked, I start making lists for packing clothes, food, toys, etc. I get online and look up things to do where we are going. Donna and I assign who brings what and plan every menu, down to how many boxes of Velveeta Shells & Cheese to bring! I pack outfits for cold weather and hot weather for EACH day, extra everything "just in case". I pack my kids back-to-school stuff in late July in their backpacks, make up a weeks worth of sandwiches at a time and freeze them, pack lunches a week in advance, and on Sunday afternoon, I lay out the entire week's clothes for the boys. No wonder I'm so tired!!
Now, I'm tagging Donna, Sumer, Tonya, Regina, Samantha, & Kelly. When you see this, post your quirks on your blog!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
background
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(78)
-
▼
October
(17)
- Francisco de Coronado: Dork-o the Explorer
- Pumpkin Guts Are Everywhere!
- Milk Jug Monsters
- **The rule for this little game is your response t...
- I have another "Quirk" (who knew?)
- Life's a Beach...and then you die. (Or at least I ...
- Just Beachy!
- CRAZY Hair Day!
- I've been tagged!
- One last Hoorah!
- Riley Can Ride!!!!!!
- Blue & Gold
- Fireside
- Company Picnic
- Riley's Random Ramblings...
- Fall Festival
- Memory Lane...
-
▼
October
(17)





1 comment:
what if I have too many to list...so many in fact I'm not sure where to begin!!!!
Post a Comment